For my second (or fist video not sure yet). How much does moisture actually effect 3d printed models and what artifacts will we see?
- For the experiment we will be looking at a range of PLA filament moisture content
- Each filament sample will be enough for about 2 benchys
- 1st sample forced dried pla in oven at 150F for 4 hours. This filament is octave
- 2nd sample is filament that has been open to a house environment for its lifetime after being unsealed from the manufacture. This filament is Octave
- 3rd sample is filament that has been put into a pitcher of water. This filament will be assumed to be the maximum amount of moisture that pla can hold. (worst case). this filament is octave
- all samples will be used to print the 3d benchy (same gcode file) to compare the 3d printing artifacts and quality
- 3d printer
- pitcher of water
- about 100 feet of PLA filament
- oven capable of 175F or 80C
- Print 2 3D benchies per sample of filamnet
- Compare side by side the different filaments
Filament has already been added to the water pitcher and i will leave it in for 1 week (ready to print monday the 22nd) . my experiment will be performed then. and video/write up posted shortly after.