UA-71238615-1 Jump to content


Our community blogs

  1. Steven Mosbrucker
    Latest Entry
    • Were we are currently.
    • 1 of the preorders wants to pay the difference for a external company to cut the shredder.
    • then for me to assemble it and ship it. so i am going to offet it to you guys asweel. currently looking at $420. so subtract whatever you alread paid and that would be what you would pay to get it within the next few weeks.
    • i will be doing a video of me running the machine soon. also a video of his shredder before i send it out.
    • check out his update video to my youtube.
  2. I am now posting major 11 minute updates on youtube now. please go there to find updates.

    here is a example check out bellow. a lot more coming soon which is the winder.

  3. Today i finished my last final. This marks the first day of summer.

    • Plans for summer.
    • Finish the Mulistruder kickstarter
    • Finish ECOBase design and start kickstarter and start manufacturing.
    • Start production on the Reclaimer shredder
    • Do design for FilaFactory version 2 of filament maker

    Other things happen in summer

    • TheShop.Build is supposed to open in June 1st
    • Buy a laser cutter for home
    • Possible Summer Class
    • Probably not working much. Start teaching at TheShop.Build
  4. For the final test of moisture's effect on 3d printed surface finish. i will be testing a varying amount of moisture content PLA to get an array of filament quality to compare


    • cut 5 coils of Octave PLA at around 25 feet ~20 grams each
    • water log all 5 coils for 1 week in water
    • Print the 5 coils in this order
    1. 1st waterlogged coil
    2. 1 hour dried coil
    3. 2 hour dried coil
    4. 3 hour dried coil
    5. 4 hour dried coil
    6. room environment off spool

    Hopefully this final experiment gives us the final answer we have been looking for.

    waterlogged filament will be starting today and will be ready fri(16)-sun(18)

  5. Steven Mosbrucker
    Latest Entry

    i have been messing around with adding the code for a more dynamic temperature control to bring down the hysteresis to 1 degree up and down. to allow for a very higher precision of control. unfortunately i cannot really test it out because i don't have a unit to test anymore. I have one left over in the garage that i will put together until then i will just be working on the code side. v1.1.1 is just me working on it. v1.2 will contain those changes.


  6. ok i have taken everything apart (removed everything from the frame). I can now get a better look of what i have to work with. I have

    • 2 ~11.25 inch chromed rods
    • 4 8 inch chromed rods
    • 1 9 inch lead screw with brass nut
    • 6 LM8UU linear bearings
    • 4 NEMA 17 motors
    • various bearings for belts
    • 2 NEMA 17 pullies 
    • 2 GT2 belts
    • 1 hobbed pully
    • 1 100 watt power supply
    • 1 printr board

    that's about all the useful things i have from the carcass

    check pics below

  7. like i said in my first post the idea is to build a entire 3D printer frame off of the 3 700mm 27" uprights all the extrusion motors and all the other brackets and such (i will have to get another extrusion motor for the x carriage). So the main idea is to use as few additional parts that i have to buy and print as possible.

    Look at the drawing attached for a better idea of what im going to do. i know it is messy as i have rewrote the plans a few times.