Jump to content

Blogs

Our community blogs

    • After 1 week of being in shop let me show you guys how much i got done to get it online
    • First i sourced a 6 foot 3 shelve industrial shelve
    • a 8 foot x 30 inch table
    • took everything from my parents place and stored it in the cage
    • put ssd in old laptop and now it will be permanently used in the cage.
    • also bought a lot of tools that will be used at tech shop rather than relying on tech shop to have the tools when i need them

    check out the pictures bellow generally each picture represents a day of setting up the cage over a week period. so you will be able to see the progress.

    also i will be starting a general blog called The Green Engineers Official Blog that will cover general stuff like this. check it out for periodic company updates.

    IMG_20170728_115200400.jpg

    IMG_20170730_191130846.jpg

    IMG_20170731_112523100.jpg

    IMG_20170801_123704175.jpg

    IMG_20170802_121924662.jpg

    IMG_20170803_123616496.jpg

    IMG_20170804_120954782.jpg

    IMG_20170805_195500831.jpg

    • Today i secured The Green Engineers first work space
    • It is the basement(lower floor) of tech shop san jose
    • it is a 8'x12' "maker cage"
    • So finally i can ge the stuff out of my parents place("storage") and into the place that i work on it
    • No more lost tools and parts because someone moved them
    • finally going to have one place to store everything
    • this will speed up all work
    • So now i will begin bringing everything that is involved with The Green Engineers into the "shop"
    • and for the next little while every time that i go to tech shop i will be dropping stuff off and "furnishing it"
    • super excited as this is a big move for The Green Engineers
    • This should bring great efficiency to working on projects in a more timely manner

    check bellow for images of the currently as of today empty maker cage. Now The Green Engineers HQ.

    another big update on multistruder coming soon.

    IMG_20170728_115212523.jpg

    IMG_20170728_115200400.jpg

    IMG_20170728_115151721.jpg

  1. For the final test of moisture's effect on 3d printed surface finish. i will be testing a varying amount of moisture content PLA to get an array of filament quality to compare

    Experiment:

    • cut 5 coils of Octave PLA at around 25 feet ~20 grams each
    • water log all 5 coils for 1 week in water
    • Print the 5 coils in this order
    1. 1st waterlogged coil
    2. 1 hour dried coil
    3. 2 hour dried coil
    4. 3 hour dried coil
    5. 4 hour dried coil
    6. room environment off spool

    Hopefully this final experiment gives us the final answer we have been looking for.

    waterlogged filament will be starting today and will be ready fri(16)-sun(18)

  2. Steven Mosbrucker
    Latest Entry

    i have been messing around with adding the code for a more dynamic temperature control to bring down the hysteresis to 1 degree up and down. to allow for a very higher precision of control. unfortunately i cannot really test it out because i don't have a unit to test anymore. I have one left over in the garage that i will put together until then i will just be working on the code side. v1.1.1 is just me working on it. v1.2 will contain those changes.

     

  3. ok i have taken everything apart (removed everything from the frame). I can now get a better look of what i have to work with. I have

    • 2 ~11.25 inch chromed rods
    • 4 8 inch chromed rods
    • 1 9 inch lead screw with brass nut
    • 6 LM8UU linear bearings
    • 4 NEMA 17 motors
    • various bearings for belts
    • 2 NEMA 17 pullies 
    • 2 GT2 belts
    • 1 hobbed pully
    • 1 100 watt power supply
    • 1 printr board

    that's about all the useful things i have from the carcass

    check pics below

  4. like i said in my first post the idea is to build a entire 3D printer frame off of the 3 700mm 27" uprights all the extrusion motors and all the other brackets and such (i will have to get another extrusion motor for the x carriage). So the main idea is to use as few additional parts that i have to buy and print as possible.

    Look at the drawing attached for a better idea of what im going to do. i know it is messy as i have rewrote the plans a few times.

     

    IMG_20160131_135855119.jpg

    • 0
      entries
    • 0
      comments
    • 17
      views

    No blog entries yet

×
UA-71238615-1